Friday, May 2, 2014

Improving on quick breakfasts during the week

So I have been listening to a great podcast that I really do recommend called "Cultivate Simple" at www.cultivatesimple.com by a pretty young couple in Maine. In one episode (I think it may have been "Think before you eat") they mentioned healthier breakfasts and trying to include more protein and vegetables. I have tried this in the past. One thing they mentioned that really got me thinking was that they found themselves less hungry and more energized after eating a less carb heavy breakfast. I have noticed this in the past. It's true!
So this is what I was doing this morning. I made omlets stuffed with grated parmesan cheese, parsley and kale. I used the fresh eggs from my chickens outside. Fired up the cast iron skillet and put it all together. It really didn't take very long to do and I could just throw it into a container and eat it when I got to work. Tasted fine after cooling down still. It was a big hit for my 3 year old, 10 month old and husband! They all ate it happily. SCORE! One point for this mama!!



Mmmmmmm.....Come on, you know this looks good...even though it's not pretty.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment